When diagnosed with breast cancer your oncologist may refer you to Turville Bay to determine if radiation therapy is an option for you. There are many types of breast cancer and it is important to meet with experts in the field of breast cancer treatment. At Turville Bay you’ll meet one of our Radiation Oncologists, a physician that specializes in radiation therapy used for cancer treatment.
During your breast cancer treatment consultation, we will:
- get a complete medical history.
- review test results and any imaging you have had.
- explore your breast cancer diagnosis.
- consider the benefits of radiation therapy in your breast cancer treatment.
- discuss the need for support such as Gilda's Club of Madison.
If it is decided that radiation therapy is right for your breast cancer, a second appointment will be scheduled with our team of specialists for treatment planning. This plan will determine the length of breast cancer treatment needed, the technology that’s right for you, and your breast cancer treatment schedule. We’ll also link you to Turville Bay’s Patient Portal so you can access medical information pertaining to your treatment from your computer or smart phone, or contact your healthcare team if needed.